Rome Trip - Day 1 Sunday/Monday

Sunday morning we left SLC at 9:00am and flew to Washington D.C. It was a four hour flight and for me was not the best start to our trip. Not that I have flown a ton but I normally don't get motion sickness very easy. When we took off and right before we landed I got sick. We tried to get some rest on that first flight but didn't get much. When we got to Dulles Airport in Washington we got some lunch and waited for our next flight. We only had about a two hour layover so it was perfect for getting lunch and getting on our next plane. We loaded on the plane to Rome at 5:01 pm it was a 8 1/2 hour flight. I actually didn't get sick with take off this time so I hoped I was doing better. The on flight meal was awful and we really didn't eat much. When we arrived to Rome once again I got sick. We had a lady waiting for our group we grabbed our luggage (thankfully both our bags made it just fine) and we got on our vans to go to the hotel. Well Rome is 8 hours ahead of us so when we left Washington it was 5 and when we arrived in Rome it was 7:30am Monday morning. So we checked into the Westin Excelsior (our hotel) and checked in with Edward Jones Maritz and were told to try to keep up so you are get adjusted to their time. Well it was 9:00am here by the time we got checked in which was 1:00am back home. So to say the least we where so tired and I was still not feeling well and couldn't hold any food down. So we went to our room and got some sleep. That night we had a dinner at the Hotel with the entire Edward Jones group. The food was pretty good but I still was not feeling 100% so I ate what I could and we went back to our room to get some more sleep. It was an exhausting first day but we made it there.
Our Hotel in Rome. The Westin Excelsior

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Girl!!

2019